The Himalayas and Everest Region belong to no one man or a single organization. Though geographically inside Nepal – it belongs to everyone in this world and also all future generations. Therefore we recognize that we have a responsibility to this region beyond legal and regulatory requirements.
We are committed to our cause for reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environment performance as in integral part of our operation methods.
We encourage our participants, stakeholders and our partners to do the same.
Management of the Organizing Committee is responsible for ensuring that this environmental policy is implemented. However, all team members have responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
We endeavor to:
- Comply and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance
- Continually reduce environmental impacts
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions
- Increase organizing committee and managements awareness and training
- We will minimize the use of paper in the office and on field
- We will reduce packaging as much as possible
- We will seek o buy recycled and recyclable paper products
- We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible
Energy and Water:
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible
- We will use minimal petroleum products during treks for preparing food for participants
- We will use lodges that use natural yak dung for Lodge Heating and Cooking
- We will not distribute plastic bottled waters at check-points anymore - we will distribute water by paper cups.
- We will encourage participates to carry water storing kits such as camelbaks
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
- We will favor 'green' vehicles and maintain them rigorously to ensure ongoing efficiency.
Monitoring and Improvement:
- We will comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- We will continually improve and monitor our environmental performance
- We will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions
- We will increase employee awareness through training
- We will review our environment policy yearly
- We will involve all stakeholders and related parties in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We will provide staff with relevant environmental training
- We will work with our affiliated hotels, mountain lodges, transport companies, souvenir producers, airlines and everyone else to improve our environmental performance